Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Sometimes Things Don't Turn Out Quite Right . . .


Do you ever have an idea in mind for a card and when you try to create it with real paper and stamps it just doesn't turn out right? Well, my card today was one of those. Oh, I know, I could have just tossed it in the trash can or just not posted it for the world to see but isn't it fun to know that everyone has those "off" moments when trying to create cards?? Gosh, at least I hope everyone has those moments! Or is it just me? LOL!

I used Gina K Pure Luxury Moonlit Fog paper for the base of this card. The black and orange are from Basic Grey's Ambrosia pack. The white is also Pure Luxury layering weight white. I stamped the images and sponged the ground with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and sponged the sky with Memento London Fog. I colored the moon with Copics and created the little fences with my Martha Stewart fence punch. All of the images, except the stone path are from Spooky Silhouettes by Gina K Designs. The path is from the Gina K set called The Journey. The big orange brad and the fiber are also Basic Grey Ambrosia.

Here it is.
I suppose it isn't really horrible but it just doesn't match what I had in my head or wanted it to look like. Oh, well, hope you enjoyed seeing it anyway! And, if nothing else, it makes me want to try again to make something else that I really like! Whatever that is, I'll share it here!

Enjoy your day wherever you may be and no matter what you are creating!

1 comment:

Donna Baker said...

I like it!!! Congrats on the CSS gig!!