Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Fall Card

As promised, tonight I'm sharing a fun little fall card I made yesterday. I was just playing around in my stamping room and wanted to make something pretty but uncomplicated. So, this is what I came up with.
The base card is the new Stampin' Up In Color called Dusty Durango. I used the Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug folder on the front of the card to give it some texture and interest. The scalloped layer is Stampin' Up In Color Soft Suede that I used the scallop punch on and then pierced each scallop with a piercing tool. The plaid paper is from a Debbie Mumm paper pack that I picked up at Joann's recently and amazingly enough the orange in it matched the Dusty Durango paper and the lines are the same color as the Soft Suede. The layers under the focal image repeat the same colors and the pumpkins are stamped on Pure Luxury Ivory paper from Gina K Designs. The pumpkins are stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa and colored with the Dusty Durango marker and a SU Pumpkin Pie marker. The pumpkins are from the Gina K Designs Stamp TV Kit set called Signs of Autumn.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this card yet but I'm sure I'll find someone to send it to. I hope it brightens someone's day, whomever it is, and I hope it brightened yours as well!

2 comments:

craftieodmae said...

this is gorgeous, love your layout!!

Janice M said...

Very pretty! Love the color combo you used.