Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Celebrate Summer

A quick card I made to give to one of the other teachers at my son's school. This was a simple card to make but I enjoyed pulling out my watercolors and working with them again. It has been a long time since I've used my Peerless Watercolors and my Twinkling H2Os. I've gotten so focused on my markers in the past months that I'd forgotten how much I enjoy using watercolors. I am a bit out of practice with them, however, so it took me longer to paint this little picture than I expected. Here's the details.

The base card is Yo-Yo Yellow from Stampin' Up and the blue circle is Brilliant Blue from SU. I used watercolor paper for the main focal piece and the patterned paper is from Basic Grey's Lime Rickey paper collection. (If you haven't seen that collection, check it out. The papers are fun and summery!) The main image is from the Gina K. Designs set, "You Are My Sunshine" and the sentiment is from "Lazy Days of Summer" from Gina K. Designs.


** I changed out the photo to this one which is much better than the photo I originally posted. I was finally able to get outside to take this photo. We've had so much rainy, gloomy weather that it has been hard to find a time to take photos outside and since I don't own an OTT light, I can't get very good photos inside.

Have a wonderful, stamping day!

No comments: