Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I'm Baaack!

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I last posted! Where does the time go? Getting the school year finished and moving on to all of our summer activities has kept me busy and without much time to make cards. I hate that! I really miss having my creative time. We made our annual trip to Florida last week (June 29-July3) and the much anticipated fun in the sun did not happen. It rained the entire week, and I don't mean just sprinkles. One of the days we were there Tampa broke their one-day rainfall record which was set back in 1953 or something like that! We have been going to Florida for a week in June for years and have never experienced weather like that. The boys were not too happy, although they did manage to get in a little bit of time in the ocean on a couple of the days. The rainy, stormy weather stirred up some great waves so they had a blast playing in those between the rain storms. Luckily I had taken some pre-stamped images and my watercolor supplies (Peerless watercolors, watercolor pencils and some of my Twinkling H2Os) so I had fun painting up some images that I can use on cards at some point. I had forgotten how much I enjoy using watercolors. My markers have taken over my cards, especially my Copics, so I don't use watercolors much. I think I might start using them more now that I have reminded myself of how much I like them!


Here is a card I made last night to send to a friend whose birthday is tomorrow. (Lucky for me she lives in town so she will get it by tomorrow!) The paper I used on this card is all from Stampin' Up. The base of the card is Close to Cocoa. The DP is from Stampin' Up and was one they discontinued recently; I don't recall the name of it right now. The pink label is SU Pirouette Pink from last year's In Color line and the red piece under the scallops is Riding Hood Red from SU's In Colors. The yummy cake stamp, candle and sentiment are all from the new 100% Sweet set by Rupa Shevde for Gina K. Designs. Love that set! There are so many yummy treats to stamp. A word of caution with that set -- don't stamp with it when you are hungry! LOL!

Do you see those little rhinestones on the four corners of the label? Those are the new rhinestones from Gina K Designs. I colored them with my Copic marker to make them that reddish-pink color so they would coordinate with the card. It works like a charm to color them with your Copics; no smearing or color coming off on your hands. How great is that??
I hope you are all having a wonderful summer! Enjoy the beautiful weather!







1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Kay, this is a wonderful card...such cheerful paper and the image looks good enough to take a bite!