Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summertime Card

I made this card last night for my son's teacher. The last day of school is next week so I wanted to have something to give her on the last day. I really enjoyed making this card. It is based on the sketch challenge for this week over at Stamp TV. The sketch was for a longer card, which I'd like to try making but I didn't have envelopes that size so I had to go back to my good ol' standard size card! Making and coloring those little square pictures was a lot of fun -- I think I still have my childhood coloring passion! I knew all that coloring as a child would come in handy some day! LOL!

Here's the details on the card:
Base card is Pure Luxury In the Navy from Gina K. designs. The strip of paper with the stars is an old piece of 12 x12 paper I picked up from a local scrapbook store. I had intended to use it on scrapbook pages for my son (who is now 11) because he had an adorable baby outfit that was navy with stars! Since I still have the paper, you can imagine how far I have gotten with that scrapbook! Terrible mother, I know!
The red squares and red scallop are also Gina K. Pure Luxury Rocket Red (which is a gorgeous red BTW, although my photo doesn't do it justice)
The ribbon is from the new Stamp TV kit, "Eclectic Summer" and the three images are from the One Free with Three set, "Lazy Days of Summer" from Gina K., which I colored with my Copics. The sentiment is from the Gina K. set called You Are My Sunshine and it is stamped with Vivid Dye Ink - Inky Blue that matches the "In the Navy" paper.


Here's hoping that summer has arrived wherever you live! Can you believe it is June?! Where does time go?
Have a wonderful weekend, my stamping friends!

No comments: