Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No Cards Tonight

I don't have any of my own cards to share tonight but I just have to say that I have seen some really awesome cards in the Gina K. May release sneak peeks. Have you seen some of those gorgeous cards over at Stamp TV?! I am dying to get my hands on that new set by Rupa Shevda with the beautiful cake! Such talented women!

I also have to mention that Melanie Muenchinger is quite a star in the new issue of CardMaker magazine. She has at least four cards featured in the July issue. If you don't subscribe, you can get your paper or digital subscription by going here. Check out her adorable giraffe card -- his head turns! Way to go, Mel! And, along with Melanie, there are two cards by Carolyn "Cammie" King. Cammie's holiday card is beautiful! You guys rock!

Despite the fact that I didn't get one single bit of stamping done during the long holiday weekend, I must say I did have a great weekend. My husband and I went on a mini-vacation to New York City minus children. We had such a fun time and what a great way to celebrate/forget about having another birthday. We saw two shows on Broadway -- Billy Elliot (you might remember the movie from a few years back about a young boy from a mining town who wanted to learn to dance) and God of Carnage, which stars James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano for all you Sopranos fans out there), Hope Davis, Jeff Daniels, and Marcia Gay Harden. Very different shows but both were wonderful. The young boy who danced as Billy Elliot was good beyond belief. How someone so young gets so good at something is really amazing. Here are a couple of photos from our trip. They probably are not the best photos because I took them with my phone camera. I had my good Nikon along on the trip but didn't have it with me when we went to the shows. They don't allow photos to be taken inside the theaters so I didn't think it made much sense to haul it with me. They are serious about the photo taking in the theaters; I saw one person get yelled at for taking a photo of her group before the show even started! I got yelled at by an usher at Carnegie Hall last year when my son's high school choir was singing there and I snapped a photo of the empty stage before the performance. Yikes! Union rules or something, I guess.

The marquee for Billy Elliot


The marquee for God of Carnage

James Gandolfini and Hope Davis signing autographs outside the theater after the play.
Hope you are having a wonderful day! I promise to be back with card talk soon!

No comments: