Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cupcake Day

Good morning! It's Wednesday and it's cupcake day on my blog. Why, you may ask, is it cupcake day? Sorry, I'm not giving away cupcakes, but I did make a yummy card with cupcakes that I'm sharing today. Everytime I look at it I want to eat a cupcake. Good thing I don't have any real cupcakes around or I'd have eaten about a dozen by now! LOL!


I made this card for a friend whose birthday is this weekend. I hope she enjoys it as much as I do. It makes me smile when I see it and I hope it does the same for her and for you. Here are the details.


The stamp set is Gina K. Designs "Sweetest Blessing" and the cupcake paper is the Gina K. digital paper pack "Sweet as Sugar." The black paper is from my scrap stash (might be SU) and the base card is made from SU In Color Marigold Morning. The brads are from Basic Grey's Marrakech collection. (I love the colors in that collection! Check it out if you haven't seen it.) The two scalloped circles were punched with my Marvy punches. The yellow sparkly circle is doodlebug designs sugar coated paper. I used Copics to color the cupcake bottom and the cherry on top. The frosting is made from white Liquid Applique that I heated with my heat gun to make it puffy. After puffing it up I used some Tombow two way glue and sprinkled Doodlebug glitter over it. Easy as pie, or should I say, easy as a cupcake?!


Now, to answer yesterday's tidbit question: What is the diffence between 'its' and 'it's'? Its is the possessive form of it, meaning you are referring to something that belongs to an entity, such as, "The library posted its hours" or "The organization posted its annual report." It's on the other hand is a contraction of 'it is.' For example, "It's a bright, sunny day." There's your brief tidbit for today! Hope you find these tidbits helpful in some small way!


Enjoy your 'cupcake' day!

No comments: