Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

CSS Inspiration Hop and Farewell

Today is a CSS Inspiration Hop, and it is also a farewell because this is the last of the blog hops by this group. The Stamp TV Center Stage Spotlight alumni are crafters who were selected to be guest designers for Gina K Designs monthly stamp releases. While the CSS ended quite some time back, those who had been part of it were asked to do blog hops from time to time. It has been a great deal of fun since I was selected back in the fall of 2009. I nearly fainted when I got the email from Gina saying I had been chosen and was sure she must have gotten the wrong person! LOL! I've met a lot of very talented and lovely people through this group and will miss our hops. We'll all still be around at Stamp TV (and might even have a few blog hops of our own, you never know!). Now it's time to get on with this last hop …

I hope you came here from my super talented friend Karen's blog. I'm sure she had something fabulous to share with you! If you didn't and would like to start the hop at the beginning, just head back over to Stamp TV to find the list of all the participants.

Here is the inspiration photo we used to get our creative juices flowing.


Isn't it gorgeous? I had an idea the minute I saw it, and here it is in the form of a card.


For some reason, when I saw the inspiration photo I immediately pictured a snow covered tree outside a window. I hope you can see the "snow" and the sparkle on the tree. I stamped the tree in Gina K Designs Christmas Pine ink and heat set it. I added colored "ornaments" to the tree with my Spica markers and then took a glue pad and pressed it down over the tree (that was why I heat set the ink. Didn't want it to smear when I used the glue over it). I sprinkled Stampin' Up Iridescent Ice glitter over the entire thing to make it look like a snow storm outside the window. The card base is GKD  Pure Luxury Christmas Pine, the sparkly layer is some glitter paper I had in my stash, and the patterned paper is from the GKD pack called Blizzard. The window is the Grand Madison Window die from Poppy Stamps. Greeting and tree stamps are from the Gina K Designs set called Cheers.

Thanks for hopping by today and for the many other hops we have had. Enjoy the rest of the hop by heading on over to see the beautiful creation(s) Linda has for you, but before you go be sure to leave a comment here (and at each of the blogs) because we will choose a random comment and that stamper will win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! Look for the announcement on Tuesday, December 24.

Happy Holidays!

37 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Kay, this is terrific!

Miesje said...

Oh I love this Kay! I used glue and glitter on mine too. I don't use that often. Love the window effect.

Lori said...

I love your interpretation Kay, your card is fabulous!!

buggin2stamp said...

Wowza! Love the soft colors and the all that glitter. Gorgeous!

Cheri said...

OMGosh, Kay this is stunning!!!! What a fabulous card. I just love the frosty look.

joy said...

This is a fabulous card! I love your window idea!

scootingranny said...

Love this window card and how the tree is on the inside. Great colors, too

Vicki Dutcher said...

Absolutely gorgeous with the glittered tree through the window! Beautiful card~

Theresa Momber said...

What a gorgeous card, Kay! Love the tree in the window. So elegant!

Brenda said...

Kay what a stunner!!! I love the sparkle and you fab design!!! Great take on the inspiration photo!
Hugs

Diana said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors and the glitter.

Kitty said...

Beautiful card. I love all the sparkle.

Kathleen

Unknown said...

Totally love this! Thank you!

Susan said...

Love the snow effect. Going to try that.. Good description so others can try. Thanks

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card - love the snowy glitter!!!

Dee Earnshaw said...

love the card!

pressnstamp@yahoo.com said...

love your card .. i will have to try that for next year . thank yu for the idea

Sharon said...

Beautiful card! Love your color choice.

Penny Nichols said...

Gorgeous and love the window effect! Great job,

Leslie S. said...

I do love to see a beautifully decorated tree in the front window... Great job!

Unknown said...

Love the window die.

Judy Inukai said...

Stunning. I love looking out the window at the sparkly tree.

Angie said...

Beautiful and sparkly! A great idea!

Lisa K said...

Love this. I love how you put the image outside of a window.

Kathy Krug said...

Love this tree behind the window.

redwasher1 said...

Kay, what a gorgeous card!!! Love that window the tree! Perfect!!!

sghay said...

Very pretty.

Unknown said...

I an see your snow and it looks FABULOUS especially paired with that beautiful tree stamp! Merry Merry!

Dawn S. said...

I love this! So sparkly and snowy, just like outside my window!

Nana Griffin said...

Love it so much!

Sue D said...

Beautiful window card.

Kellie said...

I love your card. Absolutely beautiful. Why are the blogs ending?

Unknown said...

Your card is so pretty Kay. Love your color choices, and the tree inside the window is genius. Really awesome.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I really like the colors on this card.

Betty Neville said...

So gorgeous, Kay! Love that added sparkle!

Tish said...

Incredible cards.
Tish

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your window Christmas card. Beautiful!