Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September Inspiration Hop

Hello, and welcome to the Stamp TV Center Stage inspiration hop! You should have arrived here from Karen's lovely blog, but if you didn't you can go back to Stamp TV to find the full list of hop participants and start from the beginning.

This hop is an inspiration hop based on this beautiful photo provided to us by Joy.

I love the colors and textures of fall, so that is what I took from this photo as my inspiration. I had to use some of the new papers, inks and stamps from the latest Stamp TV kit.  (Sorry my photo isn't better. I had to take this one outside instead of in my studio and the lighting wasn't great).


I chose the pumpkin from the gorgeous Harvest of Wishes stamp set and the sentiment from one of the free incentive sets from Gina K Designs called Friendship Family Love. I also used one of the leaves from the Grateful Heart set to create a subtle background. The card stock is Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Kraft, the new Faded Brick (love this new color!) and Ivory. I used a strip of patterned paper from the Grateful Heart pack. Ink used on this was the gorgeous new Faded Brick from GKD, and Memento Tuxedo Black and Espresso Truffle. The ribbon and brads are from the Stamp TV kit also. I colored the pumpkin with my Kohinoor colored pencils and gamsol. I haven't used colored pencils and gamsol in ages because Copics have become my go-to coloring tools. I forgot how much I like the look of the pencils. They are very soft looking and somehow just seemed appropriate for this pumpkin.

Hope you were inspired by our inspiration photo and my card! Next along the hop is Linda who will have something beautiful to inspire you!

38 comments:

Miesje said...

Beautiful!

joy said...

Lovely card! I love how you have accented the sentiment and used the barn siding to accent the image!

Cheri said...

Kay this is fabulous! I love your layers and the sentiment is perfect. Hope all is well there! Hugs.

Jan said...

What a beautiful card. I love these new colors, too. Just received Faded Brick ink pad, and can't wait to use it. This example really inspires me. Great card.

nkle said...

very nice the coloring behind the pumpkin mimics the feathers.

Kitty said...

I love your card. It is just gorgeous. I love the papers that you chose. They are perfect with the pumpkin.

Kathleen

beejay said...

Beautiful, the colors are stunning! Great job!

Judy Inukai said...

Awesome card. The colors are luscious. The pencil coloring I beautiful. My pencils have gotten neglected in favor of Copics. You've inspired me to use them again.

--Marcy said...

I agree - my colored pencils have been neglected, and they make such a lovely blend with the gambol.

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card. Love the simple pumpkin and the background that sets it out.

MitBem said...

So simple but so meaningful

Unknown said...

Such a nice sentiment, and love that pumpkin from the kit.

Tricia T said...

Lovely! What a great combinations of stamps and papers!

Susan White said...

Awesome card!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is a perfect card for Fall! Love it!

Unknown said...

Great card. Love the wood feature.

Sharyn Polesel said...

So beautiful! Everything is just perfect....well done!

Dee said...

Gorgeous coloring job! I loved the blending of the sentiment strip and around the pumpkin giving the card a "soft" appearance.

Lynne said...

Like the wood grain behind the focal image.

scootingranny said...

Really like how the shading on the sentiment matches the shading on the background of the pumpkins. Great card

Lagene said...

Love your pumpkin card!

CindyRomanDaversa said...

Beautiful! Love the sentiment with the pumpkin!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Fabulous fall card! Love that pumpkin image and your coloring is awesome with the highlights!

Cat Tidwell said...

LOVE the clean lines of this, tis gorgeous Fall creation!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card !!! Love the fall colors.

Carole R said...

Very lovely!

Sharon said...

So pretty!

Auntie Em said...

Pumpkins are one of the best autumn icons. Great card design and pretty colours. :)

Nana Griffin said...

This is lovely!

Betty Neville said...

Gorgeous card, Kay! Beautifully colored!

Unknown said...

Love the colors you used, beautiful card!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is stunning. Gorgeous coloring and that background pattern paper is perfect.

Carla said...

That's a beautifully colored pumpkin on a gorgeous card!

Leslie said...

Absolutely beautiful! Your coloring is fantastic!

Rosy Newlun said...

I love the vertical feel the ribbon and dp give and your coloring is FABulous!!! Yay for Prisma pencils!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful card - love the colors and that strip of DP and your pumpkin just glows!!

Unknown said...

Very, very nice. Great job.

Angelica Schmidt said...

Love, love your card Kay so gorgeous! Gorgeous coloring too!