Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Color Combo Hop

It's time for the second Stamp TV Center Stage hop for June. We are doing a color combo challenge this time using red, white and blue. Did you see what Linda made with this color combo? If you didn't stop at her blog before coming here, you can jump back to Stamp TV and start the hop at the beginning.

I decided to make a fun, bright card with this color combo. Here it is!

This was a fairly quick card to put together using the Gina K Designs Poster Board Sentiments. I used the banner, the frame and one of the sentiments from the set. I stamped the banner in Gina K Designs Red Hot and Blue Raspberry inks and the sentiment in Gina K Black Onyx ink. (The bottom banner is in blue raspberry but the lighting made it look lighter!) The card stock is Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Blue Raspberry and White Layering Weight. The brads were in my stash -- I think they were Stampin' Up.

I hope you enjoyed my red, white and blue card. Now it is time to hop along and get inspired by Karen's fabulous creation, but before you go be sure to leave a comment here and on each blog you visit because we will choose a random comment and that stamper will win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! Look for the announcement on Tuesday, June 25.


48 comments:

Lori said...

I really do like it Kay and great design!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Kay - this is fabulous! Love the focal sentiment

joy said...

Love, this card! - The sentiment is special and the shade of blue is gorgeous!

Kitty said...

Your card is awesome. I love the turquoise and red together

Blessings,
Kathleen

Unknown said...

Cute brads... love when I have stuff in my stash that match so perfectly with the project I'm making. Very nice sentiment, and that blue raspberry is such a nice color blue.

Lisa K said...

I like it. That stamp set is growing on me!

Andrea Beecroft said...

Up with the play a beautiful card

stampqueen said...

Love the card - great shade of blue and great layout!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I like this one a lot! The Blue Raspberry ink is such a nice touch!

Debbie said...

I really like the way you layered the card. Your card really made me smile!

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

I like this color combination; the card made me smile and would love to be the friend who receives it. Thanks for the inspiration.

--Marcy said...

Supoer!

Connie said...

Wow! Your brads look awesome on this card. What a fun layout.

ET said...

Cute brads.

Barbara said...

What a fun card. Love the Poster Board Sentiments in red, white and blue and a real stand out with a softer shade of blue.

Judy Inukai said...

Great card. I love the banners and the way you did the poster board sentiment.

redwasher1 said...

Awesome card!! Love the design and brightness!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Love it! What an awesome design!

weechi2 said...

Your card reminds me of firecracker rockets. Fun card

Gabi said...

Lovely. Great way to use red white and blue.

Unknown said...

Great card. Love the blue raspberry and re combo.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a lovely and beautifully colored banner background to showcase that awesome sentiment. Great design. Thanks for sharing!

Louise H. said...

Kay, the teal and red make the card pop. Very nice.

Oneofakind said...

I have not used the banner stamp yet that I have...we just moved and I am still getting organized again. Love the blue raspberry and red combo, it's a unique take on the red, white and blue theme.

Nana Griffin said...

Great card idea and a wonderful job!

Linda said...

This my friend is very neat card.

gobluektb said...

Very nice. I like the bright colors too.

Susan White said...

Beautiful card!! Love the Blue Raspberry!!

Unknown said...

Oooh I need to use that set more often.....GREAT card!

Queen-of-Cards said...

thanks for the inspiration!

ajax said...

I am loving the red, white and blues in this blog hop. So cheerful, thanks

Barbara said...

Nice bright card and anyone would love to receive. Nicely done. Thanks for the inspiration.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Hmmmmm now I'm thinking I need that set ! Love your layout and colors (-:

Cheri said...

Kay this is awesome! I love the way you used the stamp set and your layout rocks!!!! (I can't wait to meet you - see you soon)

CindyRomanDaversa said...

This is a really wonderful design! It's a must try for me!

Golda said...

What a super fun card!

Cherry Blossoms said...

I love your card. Bright and cheerful!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is a great design. I love the way it looks!

Sue D said...

Very cheery design!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love that stamp set, and you have really made good use of the color challenge here. Thanks for the inspiration.

kramomma said...

I use GKD's Blue Raspberry often, it is a fun shade.

Betty Neville said...

Wonderful card, Kay! Great way to use the banner!

Parker said...

Like the flow of the buttons along with the particular red & blue that you used.

Unknown said...

This set is at the top of my wish list, and your card has made me want it even more! Great job!

Marsha said...

Love Blue Raspberry - very pretty on your card.

Tricia T said...

What a fun card! I like how clean and simple it is, yet it has great details like the fun brads. Thanks for sharing!

Joyce Erb said...

Nice card and great sentiment

Pat Jandacek said...

Very nice card and a great layout!