Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter Mittens

I made this card for the Stamp TV color challenge this week, which was to use Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Apple Green, Lipstick Red, and White (or the equivalent in other brands colors). I think these mittens from the Gina K Designs stamp set, "Winter Mittens," are just adorable, and since I am still making holiday cards, I decided I'd use this opportunity to make something I could use as one of my cards.

I used the Lipstick Red for the base and Apple Green for the strip. The striped patterned paper is from my stash. I stamped the snowflakes in Memento Pear Tart and Lady Bug onto the White Pure Luxury paper. I punched the edges with a border punch from EK Success. The mittens I stamped twice with the Lady Bug ink and the top edge twice with Pear Tart. I cut out the red mittens using the Nestabilites mittens dies and then cut out the green cuff by hand so I could paper piece the cuffs to add some color to the mittens. I glued red grosgrain ribbon to the backs of the mittens and glued the mittens together. I adhered them to the card and added the Basic Grey Sugared button at the top for them to "hang" from. The little red button comes from an assortment of Gina K buttons. I stamped the oval in Pear Tart and cut it out; then added the greeting from the Fanciful Tags set. I popped the oval up on pop dots to finish it off.

Thanks for visiting. Have a blessed Thanksgiving wherever you may be celebrating tomorrow!

1 comment:

TiaKeas said...

Fantastic card, I have to get a mitten stamp. Thank-you..