Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Three New Cards to Share

I have finally had some time to get into my craft room this weekend! Yahoo! I managed to complete three cards, all for challenges over at Stamp TV.

The first is for the sketch challenge this week. I really like sketch challenges because they eliminate the step of trying to come up with the layout, which is often the hardest part for me. Sometimes I just like to have the idea already in front of me so I can concentrate on the colors and other elements.

This card turned out pretty wild! I'm not usually one to use a lot of bright colors and patterns but I kind of like this card. It seems springy and not dull and gloomy like our weather lately!

The card base, square layer, and ribbon are all SU Rich Razzleberry. The yellow layers are Crushed Curry from SU. The dp is from the Basic Grey Lemonade pack. The flower stamps are from Tropical Flowers by Gina K Designs and the birthday sentiment is from Friendship Blooms, also by Gina K Designs. I stamped the flowers in Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, and Rich Razzleberry inks from SU.

The next card was made for the inspiration challenge at Stamp TV this week. Gina had a gorgeous fall forest photo that was all shades of red. I knew immediately I had to use some paper from the Basic Grey Indian Summer pack for this card.


I started with come Pure Luxury Cranberry Tart paper from Gina K Designs and layered that with a piece of Pure Luxury Tan Leather. I used a fairly large piece of the dp from Basic Grey because I wanted it to be the focal point of the card since it reminded me so much of Gina's photo. I layered a small piece of Cranberry Tart, Pure Luxury Innocent Pink, and Ivory for the stamped image of the leaves. I stamped the Leaves from the Gina K Designs set, Botanical Dreams, with versamark and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I sponged over the leaves with Memento Rhubard Stalk and Angel Pink and Vivid Tuscan Tan. Then I stamped Friend at the bottom with Tuscan Tan. A piece of ribbon, which is actually pink even though it doesn't show up that way in the photo, and some nailheads complete the card.

Finally, I did a card for the color challenge at Stamp TV. I love these colors together -- red, brown and white. They are the predominant colors in my living room, dining area and kitchen so you know I had to do this color challenge!

For this one I started with Pure Luxury Rocket Red and then layered on a piece of SU Soft Suede that I embossed with the Tiny Bubbles Cuttlebug folder. The piece of dp is from some SU specialty paper they had available at the holidays called Christmas Cocoa. It such pretty paper but it has a sheen to it and I find it hard to get a good, accurate photo of it. The scalloped oval is Rocket Red and the plain oval is Pure Luxury White; both cut out using nesties. The coffee mug and sentiment are both from the Gina K Design set called My Cuppa' Joe. The red ribbon is from Gina K and the brown polka dot is SU Soft Suede.

Those are my cards for tonight! Hope you had fun seeing them. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and be sure to include some creative time -- it's good for the soul!

No comments: