Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blizzard, Snow Day, and Stamping

We will not need to dream of a white Christmas here in southern Wisconsin! We had a huge snow storm last night that dumped 12-20 inches of snow on our area. The snow totals varied a bit depending on where you live in the area but everyone got over a foot of snow! Most of it came during the night Tuesday into Wednesday morning and pretty much everything was closed. All area schools were closed today including the University of Wisconsin which hasn't happened in about 20 years. My kids didn't have school and my husband and I decided we weren't going to try to make it out to work today since city and county officials were begging people to just stay home today. Well, you don't have to ask me twice when it comes to staying home in the middle of a snow storm! I had a fun day of making cards and doing some baking. I'll share one card with you that I made today but I'm also going to share some photos of all the snow we got. (Even though I hate snow it was quite beautiful!) This first photo is in our backyard.

This photo is of the pine trees that line our driveway. There was so much snow on them the branches were touching the ground even though they are normally about 4-5 feet off the ground.
This poor little guy was trying to find some food but the bird feeders were completely covered in snow. Isn't he pretty against the snow?

I hope you are warm, safe, and dry where you are tonight! Enjoy the photos and for those of you with the sense to live in warm places like California, Arizona or Florida, please send us some warm thoughts! The temps are going to drop here tonight to around zero and the wind chills are going to be -20 to -25! Brrr!

Thanks for stopping by. Here is my card made with the gorgeous Festive Frames set from Gina K Designs. I used gold embossing on Pure Luxury Cranberry Tart paper and, yes, I did cut out the oval in the middle. No easy task! I only made four cards like this and I don't think there will be any more! Other papers used are Pure Luxury Ivory and Good as Gold.

I'll share the other cards tomorrow when we have a special blog hop so be sure to stop back tomorrow night after 10 PM.

1 comment:

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your card is amazing.... so is all that snow!