Creativity is a central source of meaning in our lives---when we are involved in it, we feel that we are living more fully than during the rest of life.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thankful Challenge

Today is another CSS alumni blog hop, and since Thanksgiving is just around the corner (can you believe it is next week??) we are sharing cards of gratitude and thankfulness in our hop. I hope you came here from Linda's blog where I am sure she shared a gorgeous creation or two; however, if you didn't start at the beginning of the hop and would like to, jump back to Stamp TV for the full list of participants.

Here is my card for the "thankful challenge":


I used Gina K Designs Pure Luxury Faded Brick and Honey Mustard card stock and layered a piece of patterned paper on that from the Gina K Designs patterned paper pack Grateful Heart. I stamped the leaves from the GKD stamp set Grateful Heart onto Ivory paper with Versamark. After clear embossing the leaves I sponged Gina K Designs Faded Brick and Honey Mustard ink over them. The sentiment is from an older Gina K Designs set called So Grateful. I added some Honey Mustard ribbon and copper railheads to finish it. (All Gina K Designs products can be found here)

I am grateful that you stopped by and am thankful for you and this great crafting community! Please be sure to leave a comment before you hop on over to Joy's beautiful blog because we will choose a random comment from one of the blogs and that stamper will win a grab bag of Gina K. Designs products! Look for the announcement on Tuesday, November 26.

Happy Thanksgiving and blessings to you and yours!

47 comments:

joy said...

What pretty colors - I also like the 3 silver pearls at the end of your sentiment - sure makes it stand out!

Miesje said...

Oh how very pretty! I really like the soft look of it.

buggin2stamp said...


Wow! Gorgeous card Kay. I love the soft colors with the contrasting red.
Melissa

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty resist embossing with the soft colors~

Nana Griffin said...

Very pretty card!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Kay!! I love the emboss resist with these pretty colors! Fabulous!

sooz said...

beautiful colour palette!

Cheri said...

Beautiful card, Kay! I love the embossing on the dp and your color combination is stunning! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Unknown said...

Beautiful technique, love the colors!

Kitty said...

Your card is just beautiful. I love the colors

Kathleen

stampqueen said...

Very pretty - Love the colors!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Gorgeous creation Kay! LOVE it! Such wonderful colors you used!

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful. Love the colors!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful Kay!! Love the warm fall colors and design of this card.

CindyRomanDaversa said...

Lovely card! The colors are wonderful!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous colors and emboss resist.

Barbara said...

What a lovely card. Love that stamp set, the leaves are so pretty and I love that wonderful color you sponged on, so soft looking.

Lisa K said...

Such a lovely card.

Dee Earnshaw said...

Lovely colors. Very pretty card

Melanie said...

Really nice, Kay, this looks like my front yard, the leaves finally turned!!

Terri Y CZT16 said...

I love the soft colors and the technique you used.

Sharon said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft colors and that pretty bow!

Lagene said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love this technique!

Annie C said...

Love the colors and the sketch

Reb said...

One for my 'Simple and Stylish' folder. Thank you :)

cardattic's Amuse said...

Your card is just beautiful. I love the colors. Who woulda thought TFS

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. You have used one of my favorite techniques. Gorgeous colors my dear. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joni said...

Very pretty card and nice color combinations.

Rita C Jackson said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the simplicity of it.

Robin said...

Really love this card!

Barbara said...

Lovely card, the colors are to die for.

Lori said...

Gorgeous card Kay, love the colors!!

Dawn S. said...

Love this card. The colors are gorgeous!

sharonv said...

Gorgeous card. I love the soft colors.

Unknown said...

Like your card, especially the pearls.

Helen F. said...

GORGEOUS, Kay! I love the muted colors ~~ those leaves are so pretty.

Jan said...

Beautiful card; beautiful colors

Unknown said...

Just beautiful. The blending on your center strip there is eye catching. Really nice job. Thank you.

Debbie said...

i love the soft colors you cards beautiful
upnurse at aol dot com

Stephanie McKnight said...

Nice! Colors used work well together.

Gale said...

Great color choices. Elegant thank you card

Theresa Momber said...

What a gorgeous technique, Kay! Your card is beautiful!

Rosy Newlun said...

Ever so pretty - these are a few of my absolute fav colors to use together!!!!

Rushd Lady said...

What a beautiful card! I'm blog hopping for a friend who made a gratitude journal. I've posted it on my gratitude journal here: http://mythankfuljournal.blogspot.com/2013/11/thankful-journal.html

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beautiful background you created with the embossing and sponging. I love that technique. And, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

--Marcy said...

Wonderful colors with the resist! Happy Thanksgiving!

Betty Neville said...

Beautiful card, Kay! Love the emboss resist! Happy Thanksgiving!!